New Store Opening (NSO)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The New Store Opening (NSO) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps project managers organize the budget, milestones, tasks and issues associated with opening a new store. The site tracks which new store openings are proposed or open and allows project managers to add tasks that must be accomplished to open the new store. Each task is assigned a monetary budget as well as a budgeted number of work days allotted to complete the task. The site also captures project milestones as well as issues that may arise during the course of the project. These issues, like tasks, are assigned to members of the project team and allow for team members to provide written updates on the status of an issue.
The dashboard of the site gives a project manager a single overview of the progress of all new store openings, including the number of tasks and issues overdue for each project as well as the number for each status category. The dashboard also lists the actual dollars spent versus budget allotted.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the New Store Openingapplication template.
- Creation of New Store Opening Projects: The project manager begins by creating a new store opening project by entering the Store Name, Status, Health of the project, Budget, Budget in Days, Start and End Dates, Percent Complete and Owner. The project also includes a field for the project manager to include comments which describe the new store opening project.
- Supplier Categories and Supplier List: To help managers track which suppliers are associated with different tasks for a new store opening, the site allows for entry of supplier categories and supplier information. By default, three supplier categories are included: Video, Custom Printing and Security. However, managers can add or delete categories as they see fit.
- Creation of New Store Opening Tasks: The tasks associated with opening a new store can be entered and tracked through the familiar Gantt Chart format. Each task is associated with a particular store opening project and enables entry of budget, responsible team member, due dates and supplier, if appropriate.
- Milestones and Issues Tracking: Each project has milestones and issues. The New Store Opening site allows project managers to track milestones and their related dates. Additionally, issues can be tracked along with comments on progress, responsible team member as well as which new store opening the issue may impact.
- Dashboard View of All Project Status: As seen in the image on the first page, the dashboard provides project managers with the ability to view an overview status of each project’s budget, overdue tasks and overdue issues. As well, the site lists the number of tasks and issues for each status category across all new store opening projects.
- Document Uploading: Project team members are able to more easily locate documents that are relevant to their new store opening project when those documents are uploaded and tagged with the appropriate project. The documents can be viewed in a list, sorted by project, or as a part of the new store opening project page, as seen below.
- New Store Opening Project Overview Page: Project managers and team members are able to view all information related to a particular new store opening project by visiting the project overview page. The page includes project information such as budget, end date and comments as well as all information on the site that is tagged as being a part of that particular new store opening project, such as tasks, issues, milestones and documents.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Documents: This library holds documents that are relevant to a particular new store opening.
- Announcements: Use the Announcements list to communicate to all team members.
- Issues: Lists of the issues for each new store opening project, including due date.
- Milestones: List the set of milestones for each new store opening project.
- Store Openings: List of the store openings proposed, opened, not stored or closed.
- Supplier Categories: This list can be altered to categories the types of suppliers required to open a new store.
- Suppliers: List of the suppliers approved for a new store openings.
- Tasks: List of open and completed tasks for each new store opening project.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
- Overall Store Tracking: Custom web part listing store names, budget vs. actual cost, budget days vs. actual days, Issues, Tasks and Overdue Indicators.
- Overall Task Status: Custom web part listing the status of all tasks across multiple projects.
- Overall Issue Status: Custom web part listing the status of all issues across multiple projects.
The “New Store Opening” Solutions Template StoreOpening.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.