Project Tracking Workspace (PTW)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Project Tracking Workspace (PTW) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps teams list and view project issues, tasks and status from a central location. This template helps drive project status reporting, including a dashboard showing the overall status of all project tasks and issues. Tasks can be assigned to users allowing user specific dashboard tracking of responsibilities. Users can also use the template to update other team members on the status of their work. Using a Gantt chart, the project manager can see a single graphical representation of the tasks that need to be completed as well as how complete the task is currently. The template also allows team members to upload and share project related documents with a Shared Documents folder, and allows team members to list only the items that are important to them, such as outstanding owned tasks and issues.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Project Tracking Workspace application template.
- Dashboard representation of issues and tasks status including percent of tasks labeled as not started, completed, in progress, deferred or waiting.
- User specific dashboard of owned tasks and issues including information on percentage completed, priority and due date.
- Listing of unassigned items, which allow a Project Manager to use the template to assign owners to tasks and issues while allowing any member of the team to create new items.
- Gantt Chart listing of Project Tasks, including the ability to edit the start and end dates directly within the Gantt Chart. Through shading of the Gantt Chart task lines, project managers can see at a glance the completion status of each item.
- Using the template, project managers can set priorities for tasks and issues as well as enter a required due date the assigned owner needs to meet.
- New issues can be linked to existing issues that are related, making it simpler for a team member to research all issues that might be related to the one they own.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Shared Documents: This library holds documents that are relevant to the project.
- Announcements: Use the Announcements list to communicate to all team members.
- Issues: Lists of the issues for the project, including due date.
- Milestones: List the set of milestones for the project.
- Tasks: List of open and completed tasks the project.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
- Overall Task Status: Custom web part listing the status of all tasks across the project.
- Overall Issue Status: Custom web part listing the status of all issues across the project.
The “Project Tracking Workspace” Solutions Template PTW_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.