Change Request Management (CRM)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Change Request Management (CRM) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps teams manage lists of projects and their related budgets, tasks, issues, milestones and change requests. Using this template, users enter project information, including estimated start and end days, project health, project owner, percent complete and budget information in both currency and days. Each project team member can enter project tasks, issues and milestones and associate those to a specific project, indicating the start and end dates, which is shown on a Gantt Chart or in list format. Also included in the template are dashboards showing the overall status of all projects.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Change Request Management application template.
- Create and Manage Projects Lists with start and end dates, project budgets, project owner and information regarding the health of the project.
- Enable users to enter project related tasks and issues, choosing to either assign them to a team member, or leave them ‘unassigned’ in order to allow the project manager to assign a task.
- Indicate Project Milestones and dates.
- Gantt Chart listing of Project Tasks, including the ability to edit the start and end dates directly within the Gantt Chart. Through shading of the Gantt Chart task lines, project managers can see at a glance the completion status of each item.
- Show Project Specific data including Project Name, Related Tasks, Related Issues and Related Milestones.
- Upload Documents that are relevant to the project, enabling version tracking and ‘checking out’ of the document for offline editing.
- Create threaded discussions where team members can use a built in rich text editor to discuss the project and RSS functionality.
- Create Change Requests within Microsoft Office Word 2010: Using the template, users can create change requests within Office Word 2010 and save them automatically back to the template site. Information about the change request is entered directly into fields within the Office Word 2010 document, which then is transferred back to the template when the document is saved.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Projects List: A list of all projects that are being budgeted and managed within the site.
- Project Tasks: Tasks and associated information for a specific project.
- Project Issues: Issues for a project, including associated information such as owner.
- Project Milestones: Milestones for a project, including date and completion status.
- Project Risks: Use this list to track the risks associated with completing a particular project.
- Discussion Boards: Use the discussion boards to host threaded conversations on projects, tasks or issues. These discussion boards can be set up by the site administrator.
- Document Library: Use document libraries to store files needed for a specific project.
The “Change Request Management” Solutions Template CRM_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.