Product and Marketing Requirements Planning (PMRP)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Product and Marketing Requirements Planning (PMRP) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps teams manage the process of creating new product requirements and marketing content. The site contains several useful templates for the 2010 Microsoft Office system as well as collaboration tools which can be used to help teams organize their analysis. The planning templates provide help for organizing marketing and product requirements, creating product steering committee presentations, tracking meeting notes and completing financial information. The site enables team members to list contacts as well as upload supporting files such as pictures of competing products or a general description of the product being analyzed.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Product and Marketing Requirements Planningapplication template.
- List Team Contacts: Users of the site can list members of the virtual teams that are associated with the product requirement planning process. The site includes five categories of virtual teams out of the box, including Marketing Team Contacts, Engineering Contacts, Product Steering Committee Contacts, Finance Contacts and Sales Contacts. Team members can enter information on the contacts including name, email address, company, job title, and phone numbers.
- Utilize Planning Documents: The site includes five templates which team members can use to organize the process of planning product and marketing requirements. These templates include functionality to help organize:
- Marketing Requirements: The Marketing Requirements document, built for Microsoft Office Word 2010, helps team members organize the marketing requirements for a product. The document allows users to enter information in ten primary sections: Executive Summary, Business Opportunity, Product Strategy, Competitive Landscape, Market Requirements, Target Market Segmentation & Prioritization, Business-Oriented Customer Use Cases, Financial Data, Risks and Consequences and Supporting Data. Each of these sections contains additional information to help the user understand what sort of information is expected for each sub-section.
- Product Requirements: The Product Requirements document, built for Office Word 2010, helps teams organize product requirements. The document includes six sections: Baseline Requirements Summary, Product Overview, Product Features and Benefits Map, Product Schedule, Supporting Data, and Changes from the Published Road Map. Each section includes useful directions on how to complete the recommended information.
- Product Steering Committee Presentations: The site includes a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 template which can be used to organize steering committee presentations. The 18 slide template provides a base structure for updating product or marketing steering committees on the recommended product strategy, supporting information and product landscape.
- Marketing and Product Planning Meeting Notes: Using the provided Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 template, users can simplify the task of tracking meeting notes. The template includes sections corresponding to those listed in the Marketing or Product Requirements planning documents outlined above.
- Financial Information: Finally, the site includes a location where users can store financial analyses performed on the various product and marketing requirement scenarios outlined throughout the process.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Financial Information: Store financial information in this document library.
- Marketing Requirements: Collaborate on marketing requirement documents stored in this library.
- Meeting Notes: Keep team meeting notes in one place using this document library.
- Product Requirements: Develop your product requirements using the Product Requirements Document template, and then add your completed document to this library.
- Product Steering Committee Presentations: Present your marketing and product requirements to steering committees by using the product steering committee presentation template stored in this document library.
- Engineering Contacts: List contacts from the Engineering team.
- Finance Contacts: List contacts from the Finance team.
- Marketing Team Contacts: List contacts from the Marketing team.
- Product Steering Committee Contacts: List contacts from the Product Steering Committee team.
- Sales Contacts: List contacts from the sales team.
The “Product and Marketing Requirements Planning” Solutions Template PMRP_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.