Room and Equipment Reservations (RER)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Room and Equipment Reservations (RER) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps teams organize the use of their shared resources. The site tracks room and equipment reservations, helping team members find times when specific types of equipment are available. It helps teams streamline the process of reserving a resource and organizes each team member’s reservations through a central dashboard.
The Room and Equipment Reservation site operates independently from a Microsoft Exchange Server and is best utilized within workgroups that have frequently changing equipment lists, but need to manage the availability of that equipment across a set group. The template allows filtered views, including a listing of the authenticated user’s existing reservations, and uses workflow to prevent double booking of rooms and equipment.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Room and Equipment Reservationsapplication template.
- Create a Resource: The site enables users to list a new resource that is available to be scheduled or reserved. Resource groups can be created, enabling a simplified method for team members to find resources to reserve. Next, resources are added such as conference rooms, laptops or projectors. As resources are added, users select the appropriate group.
- Reserve a Resource: Site users click on the link “add a new event” under the My Reservations web part and can filter the resources by name or resource group. Click on "+ add new event" in "My Reservations" below, then in the Reservation window, enter a title for the Title, location, and dates/times of your reservation. Under Resources, select the equipment you needed. Users can tell if the equipment is available in the Free/Busy window, or use the "Check Double Booking" feature to confirm its availability.
- View My Reserved Resources: Site users can view their resources by visiting the home page of the site. Each unique user sees a listing of the resources they have reserved, including start and end times. From this view they can delete a reservation, change reservation times or add additional reservation requests.
- Custom Workflows: Confirm reservations via email, notify users 1 hour before reservation time, and remind users to return the reserved equipment at the end of the reservation time.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Reservations: The Reservations list tracks reservations made for resources handled by the site.
- Resource Types: Use the resources type list to categorize your team’s resources.
•Resources: Use the resources list to manage your team’s room and equipment that is handled by the site.
- Equipment Repair: Use the equipment repair list to keep track of equipment out for repair and the costs associated.
- Announcements: Use the Announcements list to post messages on the home page of your site.
- Tasks: Use the Tasks list to keep track of work that the team needs to complete.
- Links: Use the Links list to list web pages that your organization will find useful.
The “Room and Equipment Reservations” Solutions Template RER_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.