Physical Asset Tracking and Management (PATM)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Physical Asset Tracking and Management (PATM) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps teams manage new asset proposals and track the status of existing assets. Using the built in workflow, an asset manager can approve or deny requests for new assets made by others within the organization. Once purchased, properties for the asset can be uploaded including purchase price and date, location, condition, manufacturer, model, current owner, current estimated value and retirement date.
In the period after acquisition, asset managers can return to the site and update the location, condition and estimated value of each asset, allowing a centralized location for a company to track asset information. The template also includes a location where the retirement date can be entered and comments can be entered regarding the reason for retirement, assets condition or other relevant information. Assets can also be tracked by user defined category, such as Capital Equipment, Office Equipment and Service Fleet Equipment. Proposals and asset acquisitions can then be tracked under these categories, enabling a simplified management of assets by category managers.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Physical Asset Tracking and Management application template.
- Asset Proposals: Enable organizational users to propose the requisition of new assets in a centralized location. New asset proposals can include recommended manufacturer, description, purchase price, model number and comments on why the asset is required. The requestor can input an owner’s username, which allows that person to view the pending proposal on the main dashboard.
- Approve or Reject: Perform an automated workflow to Approve or Reject the proposal by an asset manager, entering comments as to why a proposal was accepted or rejected.
- Proposal to Asset: Convert a proposal to an actual asset by entering actual purchase information such as Item, Description, Manufacturer, Model, Owner, Date Acquired, Current Value and Location.
- Manager and User Dashboards: View a user specific dashboard of Announcements, Assets under management, and proposals made and their status.
- Categories: Define categories for assets to enable simplified tracking of assets.
- Filtered Views: View filtered view of the lists and information by user, proposals, new assets and assets under management.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Assets: A list of assets and their respective properties, including category, location, owner and date acquired.
- Categories: Categories organize the assets into types and can simplify management.
- Proposals: Create proposals to manage and track your team’s requests for new physical assets.
- Announcements: Use the Announcements list to post messages on the home page of your site.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
This site also contains a customized workflow to approve or reject new proposals. This workflow allows the approver to enter comments and will convert the proposal to ‘accepted’ in the proposal list and will allow the asset manager to enter in detailed information about the asset. If the approver chooses to ‘reject’ the proposal, the workflow will convert the proposal to ‘rejected’ in the proposal list and will not list the proposed asset in the asset list.
The “Physical Asset Tracking and Management” Solutions Template PATM_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.