Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Helpdesk (HD) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps teams manage service requests from inception through to cause identification, initial solution, escalation and resolution. The template helps automate much of the process, with task oriented pages to display relevant information for each service request and an integrated knowledge base system. Dashboards help management track customer satisfaction with metrics such as issues resolution time, survey results, customer specific dashboards and customer service representative performance.
Using the template, end users initiate a request by visiting the Help Desk Windows SharePoint Services site and completing a Service Request. Built in knowledge base and Support FAQ pages can simplify the process of researching solutions to help desk requests or allow users to research answers to their own questions. Users can then check back to see the status of any outstanding service requests and can also choose to escalate their service request to a higher priority, if required.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Help Desk application template.
- Provide end users self-service functionality through FAQ and searchable Knowledge Base of relevant articles. Keywords and related articles can also be added to knowledge base articles, enabling simplified searching of solutions.
- Enable end users to create service requests, assign a priority and check back for updated status. End users can create detailed descriptions of the issues that need to be resolved.
- Assignment of service requests to Helpdesk personnel. IT Staff can take ownership of a service request, assign it a priority and save updates with the inline editor feature of Windows SharePoint Services.
- View a dashboard of the status of service requests, who they are assigned to end user inputted details.
- Received filtered views of owned Helpdesk requests.
- Service Representative Managers can view a dashboard of the service department’s performance, including overall service request performance, priority and average resolution time in days.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Knowledge Base: Use this document library to write and store Knowledge Base articles and Documents to be shared with the team.
- Experts: Use this contact list to track experts within and outside of the organization.
- Keywords: Use this list to manage keywords to tag items in the Knowledge Base.
- Service Requests: Use the Service Requests list to track detailed information and resolutions for service requests.
- Support FAQs: Use the Support FAQs list to track common issues and resolutions.
- Tasks: Use the tasks list to enable Knowledge Managers to track tasks that are required.
- Links: Use the Links list to list web pages that your organization will find useful.
- Application Pages: A document library used to store the application pages listed below.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
This site also contains customized Application Pages, which are used to provide customized dashboards for different individuals within the organization:
- Customer Service Representative Home: Provides a dashboard view of all service requests organized by CSR Representative. Provides a CSR specific dashboard listing a filtered view of owned and assigned service requests.
- Knowledge Manager Home: Provides a dashboard specifically for the organizations knowledge manager, including a list of the documents in the knowledge base and a Task list.
- Customer Service Representative Manager Home: Provides a dashboard giving the CSR Manager an overview of the department’s performance. There is also customized logic within the template used to calculate average resolution time, percentage of requests that are initiated, engaged, resoled and closed and to display this information in graphical form.
The “Helpdesk” Solutions Template HD_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.