Event Planning (EP)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Event Planning (EP) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations allows event attendees to register for sessions offered during the event. Visitors to the site sign in, self-selecting whether they are an Attendee, Guest, Event Planner, Speaker, Staff or Vendor. Once they have completed their profile, they proceed to the Event Calendar, which lists the sessions that are available to them. To register for a session, attendees click on the button to ‘add’ the event to their personal calendar. They can also visit role-specific site pages, which list role-specific sessions and announcements added by the event organizers.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Event Planningapplication template.
- Creation of Event Sessions: The event organizer begins by adding sessions to the event schedule. The organizer adds te session title, ID and location as well as the date and time. Next, the organizer selects the roles that are relevant to this particular session. Selecting the ‘important event’ check box displays this event in an ‘important event’ list on a role specific session listing site. After typing in the session description, the organizer clicks OK to add the session to the event calendar.
- Listing of Sessions on Event Calendar: Once all sessions are entered, the event calendar shows a complete listing of the sessions. Event attendees can click on any of the session to read a description, find out who the speaker is or where the session is being held.
- Role Based Sites: Each role, such as attendee, speaker or guest, has a specific ‘home page’ which uses filters to show only relevant information. Attendees, for example, can use this page to view announcements and sessions that are relevant to them. They see a separate listing of ‘important events’ and can also add any event to their personal calendar by clicking “Add”.
- Registration for Sessions: When an attendee clicks “Add”, custom workflow adds the session to the personal calendar. From the personal calendar, attendees can view the sessions and remove them if a conflict has occurred.
- Personal Calendar: The personal calendar lists registered sessions. Attendees can view the calendar by day, week or month as well as a full listing of registered sessions. By clicking on an event, an attendee can choose to delete the item or have it exported to an iCalendar (.icf) file which can be imported into a Calendar program such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Information Documentation: This library holds documents that give additional information to event attendees or other visitors to the site.
- Site Pages: This library holds the role specific sites that are filtered to show relevant information.
- Announcements: The Announcements list is used to target announcements to specific roles.
- Event Schedule: The event schedule list is used to track event sessions.
- Personal Schedule: The personal schedule list is used to track attendees’ registered sessions.
- Roles: A list of the roles used for the current event.
The “Event Planning” Solutions Template EP_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.