Employee Training Scheduling And Materials (ETSM)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Employee Training Scheduling And Materials (ETSM) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps companies facilitate the creation and registration process for training courses. The site enables a training coordinator to create new courses, including course descriptions, dates, locations and maximum number of attendees. After a course is created, employees log into the site to register and download course materials that have been posted to the site by the instructor. Employees using the site see a view that lists the courses they have registered for as well as a list of courses they have previously attended. Course attendees can also use the site to leave quantitative and qualitative feedback for the instructor using the site’s survey feedback capabilities. Instructors view the feedback at a single glance, using the feedback to improve the next version of the training.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Employee Training Scheduling And Materials application template.
- Creation of Employee Training Courses: Using the site, an employee training coordinator creates a new course, including the course title, description, instructor, location, total number of seats and start/end times. After creating the course, the instructor can upload course materials for each course, as well as review a listing of the attendees registered to date.
- Home Page for Registered Courses: The site provides a user specific home page that lists the courses the user has registered for and attended as well as any courses they are going to teach or have taught in the past. This home page also includes announcements and links to external sites.
- Feedback on Courses Attended: The site allows course attendees to leave feedback for instructors. The survey can be altered using Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2010, but by default includes two quantitative and two qualitative survey questions. Attendees select the course they are leaving feedback for and complete a series of questions. Both instructors and future students can view this feedback, which is organized by course and can be sorted by column headers.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Course Materials: Use this library to store course materials.
- Announcements: Use this list to post announcements related to upcoming training courses.
- Course Surveys: Use this list to collect feedback about past training courses.
- Courses: Use this list to keep track of upcoming training courses.
- Links: Use this list to post training links.
- Past Registrations: This list tracks past training registrations. This list does not need to be edited directly, and will automatically populate based on employee registrations.
- Registrations: This list tracks present registrations. The list is automatically populated by the workflow associated with registering and removing users from a training course.
The “Employee Training Scheduling And Materials” Solutions Template ETSM_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.