Classroom Management (CLRM)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Classroom Management application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps course instructors improve communication with students. The site includes the capability to upload key assignment due dates, events, course syllabus and supporting materials. Tasks can also be created and assigned to students with due dates for their completion. Additionally, discussions can be held on topics suggested by any member of the site. These discussions can be accessed either through the Classroom Management site or an RSS read such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Classroom Management application template.
- Enter Student Information: Once a course is filled, a professor can add student information to the Classroom Management site, including name, account and student identification number.
- Create a Course Syllabus: To support the class, a professor can enter detailed information about the course syllabus, including number of classes on a topic, related areas in the text book and location of the class.
- Create Assignments and Events: The professor can use the Classroom Management site to create due dates for assignment and dates for events, such as midterms, finals and class trips. These events can be viewed by students in calendar view or from the top page of the site, which lists all events in chronological order.
- Upload Related Documents: The professor can upload documents relevant to the syllabus or course through the Shared Documents list. Documents can be checked out and modified and users can be alerted through either RSS or email when changes have been made or documents added.
- Class Discussions: Classroom discussions can be extended outside of the classroom through the use of an online class discussion board. Students can interact directly through the Classroom Management Site or an RSS reader such as Office Outlook 2010. The site keeps all old classroom discussions, which can provide a valuable resource for both students and professors as they continue with the course.
- Track Tasks: As action items arise during the progression of the course, tasks can be created and assigned. The tasks can have due dates assigned and have the capability of tracking percentage complete.
The “Classroom Management” Solutions Template CLRM_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.