Absence Request & Vacation Schedule Management (ARVSM)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Absence Request and Vacation Schedule Management (ARVSM) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps employees manage requests for out of office days. Team members post days they will be unavailable and can use the template to assign their responsibilities to others during those days. The application template helps team leaders manage requests for vacation and provides dashboards showing which users are signed up for the absent team member’s responsibilities during an absence.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Absence Request and Vacation Schedule Management application template.
- A centralized calendar to show approved absence requests for all team members.
- Vacation Policy management tools to require approval for determined types of absences. By default, Vacation, Personal Time and Miscellaneous absence request types require approval while Sick Days, Business Outings, Jury Duty and Floating Holiday requests do not.
- Create a notification of who is responsible for a team member’s tasks while they are out of the office.
- A document library to hold vacation and absence policies.
- Approval tools to allow a team user with Manage Lists permissions to approve or reject an individual’s absence request. Only approved absences will become visible to all users.
- Ability to automatically create a Meeting Workspace to organize attendees, agendas, documents, minutes and other details for an event.
- Submission and approval of absence request including dates, type of absence, recurrence and desire to automatically create a linked meeting workspace.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Vacation Policies: A document library to hold policy documents on absences and vacations.
- Absence Type: List of the type of absence being requested and whether approval is required.
- Absences: A list of the absences requested including dates and approval status.
- Announcements: A general list to post messages on the home page of the site.
- Responsibility Adoption: A list used to track responsible parties during an absence.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
- Absence Approval: The workflow approves or rejects absence requests. On the team calendar, rejected and pending absence requests are visible only to the user requesting the absence and those with the Manage Lists permissions. Approved absence requests are visible to all site users.
- Submit a New Absence: Use this form to submit a new absence request. Workflow includes eliminating start/end times for all day events, opening of recurrence information, creation of a linked meeting workspace, and disabling email notification at a user’s request.
- Specify Responsibility Adoption: This form allows users to specify who will be adopting responsibility for tasks during an absence, including display comments and email address of the responsible user.
The “Absence Request and Vacation Schedule Management” Solutions Template ARVSM_SP2010e.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard / Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.