Case Management for Government Agencies (CMGA)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Case Management for Government Agencies (CMGA) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps agencies track the status of open cases. Case administrators can designate whether a case is open or closed, upload supporting documents for a particular case, and assign a case to a responsible case manager. The template also provides user specific dashboards which list cases and tasks owned by the authenticated user. Tasks can be created for each case and supporting documents can be uploaded to help case managers maintain to do items and related information in a single location.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Case Management for Government Agencies application template.
- Open a New Case: This is typically the first action that is taken for a new case. Using this workflow automatically generates three documents. The first is a Microsoft Office Excel® 2010 template which can be used to help track expenses for a particular case. The second is a Microsoft Office Word 2010 memo template and the third is an Office Word 2010 template for tracking the status of a case. New tasks are also automatically generated for each new case, including a task for the assigned owner to intake information and meet with the client. The generation is driven by a custom workflow, which can be accesses through Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Assign a Case: If the case manager is not known when a case is created, this common action can be used to assign a case, including the tasks and ownership of the three documents, to a new owner. It can also be used to reassign cases between managers.
- Close a Case: This action can be used to close a case within the application template.
- Personalized Dashboard: Each user can access a personalized dashboard of his or her open cases and tasks for each case. Also, documents pertaining to each case are organized under a case list, which helps case managers keep track of documents pertaining to each case under management. Users of the application template can create and assign new tasks for a particular case. The details of the task will be sent as an email message to the group or person assigned to the item automatically.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Case Documents Library: The case documents library holds all documents that are assigned to cases. The default view organizes the documents by case number. As discussed, this application template has a custom workflow built to automatically generate two template documents and one template spreadsheet.
- Expense Report Library: This document library can be used to hold expense reports that do not pertain to a particular case.
- Memo Library: Track memos that are assigned to a particular case.
- Monthly Reports Library: Track monthly reports that can be created and uploaded by the case manager or others on the case management team.
- Announcements: Track announcements that can be viewed by the entire team.
- Calendar: Use the calendar to organize dates and times of particular events or activities.
- Cases: Provides a listing of all cases that have been entered into the application template, including case number, title, status, assigned to, created date and status of workflow.
- Links: Use links to list links to relevant or related Web sites within the organization or outside the firewall.
- Tasks: Use the task list to keep track of work that you or your team needs to complete.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
The application template also includes additional functionality to help managers better manage government cases. A document library for holding monthly reports has been provided as well as a shared calendar and team announcements. Common filters are utilized to show different view of case data, including user specific cases, all cases, unassigned cases and unassigned tasks.
The “Case Management for Government Agencies” Solutions Template CMGA_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.