Equity Research (ER)
Template for SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise
The Equity Research (ER) application template for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations helps groups organize the research performed on publicly traded equities. The site allows investment groups to collaborate by uploading documents such as annual and quarterly reports and offering web-based discussion capability. The site also facilitates tracking the price paid for an each equity and the number of shares purchased. Links to the company web-sites can be added and a Web-Part provides publicly available industry and company news.
Action items for the team can be tracked and assigned to a team member who uses the system to categorize each task by the equity being researched. For each equity, a summary page can be viewed, which lists any shared documents, ongoing discussions, tasks or links that are related to the equity under discussion.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Equity Researchapplication template.
- Entry of equities information: The site enables teams to enter information on the equities being researched, includingan Symbol, Stock Exchange, Shares Purchased, EPS and Total Market Valuation. The site also allows for entry of links to a company’s web-page or other external site such as research, opinions or quarterly reports.
- Management of Research Activities: The primary functionalty of the site is to help teams manage the process of researching equities and organize the results. Team members are able to upload documents and ‘link’ them to a particular equity. A Task list function is also included to help teams manage the activities that must be undertaken to properly analyze the information on publicly traded equities. As with the document’s, tasks are categories by the equity that is being researched.
- Discussion Management: The site also includes the capability to centrally host discussions regarding a particular equity. Members can suggest discussion topics, again categorized by the equity being discussed. Other members can then reply to the message, which is viewable by all other members of the team. Users also have the capability of viewing the discussions through an RSS reader such as the one provided in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. When a reply is added, Office Outlook 2010 synchronizes with the site, providing a direct link to the discussion to simplify the process of entering a reply.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Shared Documents: This library hosts the documents uploaded by the team that pertain to the entities under research.
- Announcements: A user created listing of announcements that are visible to site visitors.
- Equities: A full listing of the equities under research and their related information.
- Links: Provide a link to the equity website or research related to the equity.
- Stock Exchanges: A listing of the various exchanges where the equities under research are being analyzed. The template is populated with four popular exchanges by default. The list can be altered by an owner of the site.
- Tasks: A listing of tasks, their owners and which equity the task is related to.
- Research Discussion: Hosts discussions on equities including replies.
The “Equity Research” Solutions Template ER_SP2010e.wsp was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise Installations. This Application Template is based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Standard | Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.