Timecard Management (TCM)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-5)
The Timecard Management (TCM) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans helps track the hours spent on projects by members of a project team. When a team member “Punches In”, the system request that they select the appropriate project as well as service in which task they are performing on the project. As the team members gradually punch in, the site lists the work in progress and what other team members are working on.
At the end of the day, team members ‘punch out’ which posts their hours worked to the project hours to date list. Project managers can view this information in several different formats, including on a calendar, by week, by project team member and by project.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Timecard Management (TCM) application template.
- Creation of Projects: The first step taken is to create projects that team members can assign their time to. A project manager can set up a new project by visiting the project list, clicking “New” and entering the project title and estimate hours (optional). Clicking OK returns to the project listing of the active projects and the estimated hours.
- Punch In / Punch Out Capabilities: When project team members log into the site, they are can ‘punch-in’ and select which project they are working on. They are also required to manually select the task they are currently performing. When project team members return to the site after completing their work, they “punch out”. They can also see which other team members are still punched in an actively working from this page.
- Project Team Member Hours Worked Analysis: Project team members can use a number of different tools to analyze the hours they have worked. Links provide pages that show “My Hours Today”, showing which projects the user worked on that day, as well as the same information for the entire week. Hours can also be viewed in total by project as well as in a Calendar view, showing hours worked on each project by day, week or month.
- Manager Project Hours Analysis: Project managers can also use the site to obtain information on what team members are working on currently, progress towards budgeted hours as well as to obtain information on what a team member has worked on to date. The “Work In Progress” tab shows all team members who are currently ‘punched-in’ on a particular project, including their self-reported task and start time. The Project Details tab shows the total hours logged a comparison to the estimated hours and project details by person and by week. Similarly, the Person Details tab lists all the projects a particular team member has worked on organized by project and by week. These different views can be customized to provide additional information by a SharePoint site owner.
- Editing Punch-In and Punch-Out Time: To correct mistakes made by project members, a site owner can visit the Time Log list to edit start time, end time, project and task information.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Clients: A list of all Clients within the template.
- On the Clock: A list showing all currently "Punched In" team members.
- Timesheets: A list of all timecards within the template.
- Projects: A list of all projects available within the template.
- Services: A list of all services/tasks being provided to the Projects.
The “Timecard Management (TCM)” Solutions Template Net2xs_TCM.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description