Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-5)
New Version (5.3.0) Description:
The Helpdesk (HD) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterpriser (E1-5) Plans helps teams manage service requests from inception through to cause identification, initial solution, escalation and resolution. The template helps automate much of the process, with task oriented pages to display relevant information for each service request and an integrated knowledge base system. Dashboards help management track customer satisfaction with metrics such as issues resolution time, survey results, customer specific dashboards and customer service representative performance.
Using the template, end users initiate a request by visiting the Helpdesk site and completing a Service Request. Built in knowledge base and Support FAQ pages can simplify the process of researching solutions to help desk requests or allow users to research answers to their own questions. Users can then check back to see the status of any outstanding service requests and can also choose to escalate their service request to a higher priority, if required.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Helpdesk (HD) application template.
- Provide end users self-service functionality through FAQ and searchable Knowledge Base of relevant articles. Keywords and related articles can also be added to knowledge base articles, enabling simplified searching of solutions.
- Enable end users to create service requests, assign a priority and check back for updated status. End users can create detailed descriptions of the issues that need to be resolved.
- Assignment of service requests to Help Desk personnel. IT Staff can take ownership of a service request, assign it a priority and save updates with the inline editor feature of Windows SharePoint Services.
- View a dashboard of the status of service requests, who they are assigned to end user inputted details.
- Received filtered views of owned Help Desk requests.
- Service Representative Managers can view a dashboard of the service department’s performance, including overall service request performance, priority and average resolution time in days.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Knowledge Base: Use this document library to write and store Knowledge Base articles and Documents to be shared with the team.
- Experts: Use this contact list to track experts within and outside of the organization.
- Keywords: Use this list to manage keywords to tag items in the Knowledge Base.
- Service Requests: Use the Service Requests list to track detailed information and resolutions for service requests.
- Support FAQs: Use the Support FAQs list to track common issues and resolutions.
- Tasks: Use the tasks list to enable Knowledge Managers to track tasks that are required.
- Links: Use the Links list to list web pages that your organization will find useful.
The “Helpdesk (HD)” Solutions Template Net2xs_HD.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description