Bug Tracking Database (BTD)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-4)
The Bug Tracking Database (BTD) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans helps software development teams collect and track bugs in their code. The template allows bugs to be logged by both end users and members of the development team including collection of supporting data such as Reproduction Steps, Related Bugs, Categories and related screenshots, documents or other files. Team members can either assign a bug owner when logging a bug, or can leave the bug to be assigned at a later time. Unassigned bugs are viewable in a single list and are also listed on the template’s home screen.
To enable simplified viewing of bug information, dashboards of ‘owned’ bugs as well as bugs logged by the authenticated user are available as well as information on the status of that bug. The template allows the software development team to create project milestone dates, which can help prioritize the bugs that have been logged. Also, to ease the ability for developers to locate a specific bug, the template has an internal search function that allows listings of bugs by simply entering in the Bug ID.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Bug Tracking Database (BTD) application template.
- Allow all authenticated users with access to the site to log a new bug, listing information such as what it takes to reproduce the bug, comments related bugs and severity levels.
- Listing of related bugs to simplify assignment and tracking of fixes required.
- Creation of bug categories, such as UI, Business Logic and Database APIs.
- Creation of project milestones which can help put a timeline to the priority of bug fixes.
- Enable bug specific discussions via the comments. This field, highlighted below, tracks all comments made on a specific bug including the timestamp and author.
- User specific dashboards of bugs the user opened and bugs assigned along with requirements on when the bug fix is required.
- Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2013, users can request an RSS feed of any information within the template, or can be alerted by email when something changes.
- Listing of unassigned bugs that require assignment to a developer on the team.
- Opening of bugs by Bug ID.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Bug Categories: A list of all bug categories within the template.
- Project Milestones: Milestones for the development project, used to prioritize bug fixes required.
- Bugs: Bugs listed within the template, including supporting information, owner and discussions.
- Tasks: General tasks list to capture tasks not associated with a particular bug.
The “Bug Tracking Database (BTD)” Solutions Template Net2xs_BTD.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description