HR On-Boarding (HROB)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-4)
The HR On-Boarding (HROB) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans helps HR teams manage task scheduling and assignment for New Hire On-Boarding process from start to completion. Employees are vital to any organization. However, the process of bringing a new hire into an organization is often frustrating for the newly hired employee and unproductive for the employer. It is not uncommon for new employees to wait one or two weeks for a phone, computer, network logons or even security access cards. This site template was developed to make managing the On-Boarding process easier, more effective, and less time consuming for all employees involved. This site includes the capability to upload key standard On-Boarding documents and New Hire support materials. The On-Boarding Tasks can be accessed either through the HR On-Boarding site where all tasks can be viewed or directly in Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 for users that have been assigned tasks within the site.
Benifits and savings can include:
- A reduction in the unproductive time typically experienced in a new hire.
- Reduced administration and coordination effort required by the HR department.
- Ensured process compliance, accountability and visibility for the new hire process
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Help Desk (HD) application template.
- Enter Location information: Enter oganization locations (such as LA Headquarters, OC Sales Office, ect...) to help track and manage what location a New Hire will be working/starting from.
- Enter Department information: Enter Department information to help managers keep track of the New Hires that have been brought on for their department.
- Create New Hire Task Descriptions: Create individual tasks representing the steps within the On-Boarding process. These steps/tasks are then run against each of the New Hires as they are entered in the site.
- Enter New Hire information: Once the Task Descriptions have been setup a New Hire can be added to the site triggering an automated workflow against the Task Descriptions list to initiate each of the On-Boarding tasks, set start dates, and assign the tasks to the correct user.
- Manage the On-Boarding process: HR team members and Department managers can use the On-Boarding Tasks list to track and manage all processes related to New Hires during the On-Boarding period.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Departments: The Departments list is used to link a manager with the department he/she is responsible for.
- Office Locations: Use this list to track and manage all physical locations within the organization.
- Task Descriptions: Use this list to pre-define On-Boarding tasks, date relationships, and their assignments.
- On-Boarding Tasks: This list is used to track and manage the On-Boarding Task process.
- On-Boarding Deocuments: Use this document library to share standardized On-Boarding documents for distribution to new hires.
The “HR On-Boarding (HROB)” Solutions Template Net2xs_HROB.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This template was developed to simplify the process of On-Boarding new hires and help the HR team track the process from start to completion. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description