Employee Activities (EA)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-4)
The Employee Activities (EA) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans helps manage the proposal, scheduling and sign-up of activities offered to employees. The site provides functionality to manage a proposal to create an employee activity. Activity managers can then take that proposal and convert it into a scheduled event using the site’s scheduling functionality. After an activity is scheduled, employees can sign up for these events and, if a conflict occurs, remove themselves from the list of attendees. The site automatically tracks the maximum number of attendees, if applicable, and provides a dashboard where users can view a list of events they are signed up for and those which they are planning. The site also includes libraries where related event documents and pictures can be uploaded as well as a place for company-wide announcements.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Employee Activities (EA) application template.
- Activity Proposals: Employee activities can be generated through many channels, but the Employee Activities Site helps manage these by offering a location to manage the creation of activities proposals. Those wishing to propose an event visit the site to create a proposal, entering information such as Proposal Activity Title, Location, Description, Contact information, links to relevant web-sites and the maximum number of participants. The proposal is saved and can be viewed along with other proposals that have been submitted by employees.
- Creation of Activity: Creation of a new employee activity can be done either by converting a proposal to an activity or by entering information directly about the activity. Most likely, proposals will be converted to an activity by clicking on the link “create activity from proposals”. The page lists the proposals made and also includes a link to ‘create’ the activity. Clicking on the link begins a workflow which asks for the event start and end times. Once the activity is created, employees are able to view and sign up for the event.
- Sign-up for Activities: Once an activity has been created, employees can view and sign up for the event. They are asked to confirm their intent, which launches a workflow to add the employee to the sign-up list. Each employee will have a filtered view on their Employee Activities Site home page which shows the events they are currently registered for as well as the status of the proposals they have submitted. Employees can use this site to remove themselves from the registration list by clicking the ‘Remove Me’ link under the ‘Activities I’m Attending’ heading. Event organizers can view a complete list of those who have signed up by visiting the ‘Sign-Up’ list. A full list of attendees and time/date registered is available.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Activities: Lists all the activities that have been created.
- Announcements: List all announcements that you wish the team to view.
- Proposals: Lists proposed activities including descriptions, classroom and maximum number of attendees.
- Sign-Ups: Lists the individuals who have signed up for an employee activity including date and time sign-up was received.
The “Employee Activities (EA)” Solutions Template Net2xs_EA.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description