Simple Invoice Management (SIM)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-4)
The Simple Invoice Management solution template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Microsoft Office 365 (E1-4) plans helps Accounts Receivable teams organize, track, and manage the invoicing process. To enable simplifying the Invoice creation, we've added an Invoice workflow to generate a Microsoft Word 2013 invoice directly from an account simply by adding an invoice date, due date, P.O. number (if required), and a service description to the Invoice workflow startup form. Once created and any line items added, the account representative or salesperson can be notified to review and approve the invoice prior to sending. Upon approval, the invoice can be saved to PDF and emailed, or printed and mailed. A send workflow confirms the invoice has been sent and a payment workflow can be used to log partial or full payments to an invoice. Reoccurring billing notifications can be set by team members in the Billing Calendar and the calendar can be added to Outlook 2013 to allow team members to view reminders easily.
The Accounts Receivable Manager can place holds or even close accounts and notify the account representative or salesperson automatically via email about the closure or hold. Details and dates provided on the Hold and Closure workflows will be automatically added to the notes section of the account as well as the email notification to the salesperson.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Simple Invoice Management (SIM) application template.
- A centralized library to manage the creation, approval, delivery, and payment logging of all Invoices.
- Accounts require management of their status; active, hold, or closed, and the notification of the Account Representative or Salesperson.
- Provide a way to keep the Account Representative or Salesperson involved and up-to-date with the collection of outstanding invoices.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following primary lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Accounts: The Accounts list is used to track the status of all Customer Accounts within the invoicing system.
- Invoices: A document library to hold and manage Invoices and the status of the invoices.
- Products: Use this list to manage any products that can/will be available for adding to invoice line items.
- Services: Use this list to manage any services that can/will be available for adding to invoice line items.
- Categories: The categories list is used to organized, filter, and search the Products list items.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
Invoice Creation: Use the Invoice workflow and Submission form to create invoices from Accounts quickly and easily.
- Invoice Review: Accounts Receivable team members can use the Review workflow to insure the Account Representative or Salesperson has reviewed, added line items, and approved an invoice prior to sending to the client.
- Invoice Approval: After reviewing the contents of an invoice the Account Representative or Salesperson can approve the Invoice for sending to the account and change the status of the invoice to approved.
- Confirmation of Sending: When the Account Receivable team has sent an Invoice they will run the Send workflow to confirm the invoice has been sent and change the status of the invoice to sent.
- Payment: Log a payment to an invoice and set the status of the invoice to payment received or paid in full while notifying the Account Representative or Salesperson of the invoice payment status.
The “Simple Invoice Management (SIM)” Solutions Template Net2xs_SIM.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template was designed in conjunction with our template request fulfillment offer within our Blog. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description