Expense Reimbursement and Approval
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-4)
The Expense Reimbursement and Approval (ERA) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise plans helps companies track and organize employee expense reports. Using the Submissions list, employees create a report listing trip/incidence information. Within this Submission Report Expenses related to the trip/incidence can be added as line items, each entry automatically adding to the number of receipts listed and the total expenses submitted. Site owners (Audit Managers) can choose to approve, reject, or hold individual expense items for original receipts. This status appears on each user's unique home page, which shows their user ID's submitted expense reports and the status for each line item.
In addition to helping teams simplify the process of submitting and approving expense reports, the site also allows Human Resources managers to upload expense related documents, such as travel policies or approved hotel chains. Also included are announcements and tasks, which can be used to track items pertaining to the expense approval process.
Benifits and savings can include:
- A reduction in the time and effort to track and manage expenses
- Reduced administration and coordination effort required by the Accounting department
- Ensured compliance, accountability and visibility for the expense reimbursement process
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Expense Reimbursement and Approval (ERA) application template.
- Create an Expense Report: Using the Submissions list, employees create a report listing trip/incidence information. Within this Submission Report Expenses related to the trip/incidence can be added as line items, each entry automatically adding to the number of receipts listed and the total expenses submitted.
- Approval Process: Once an expense report (Submission) has been submitted, and line item Expenses added, site owners can begin the workflow process of approving or rejecting the submission. By clicking the Approve, Hold, or Reject workflow icons, approvers can change the status of the submitted report and add comments, such as a request for original receipts. Clicking “ok” saves the changes, which appear on the submitting employee’s home page, alerting them of the expense report’s status.
- Human Resources Information: The site enables the Human Resources department to facilitate communication of travel announcements and policies through the website. The team can use the site to upload and store travel related documents, giving site users a single location to find information on appropriate expense report usage. The system can also be used to inform users of approved vendors or of discounts such as airfare discount announcements or hotel room blocks for companywide events.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Submissions: Use this list to track and manage expense report submissions
- Expenses: Use this list to enter, track, and manage individual line item expenses attached to submissions
- Tasks: Use this document library to share standardized On-Boarding documents for distribution to new hires
- Departments: The Departments list is used to link a manager with the department he/she is responsible for
- Documents: The team can use the site to upload and store travel related documents, giving site users a single location to find information on appropriate expense report usage
- Announcements: Use the announcements list to post messages on the home page of the Expense Reimbursement and Approval site for all site users to read
The “Expense Reimbursement and Approval (ERA)” Solutions Template Net2xs_ERA.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description