Disputed Invoice Management (DIM)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-4)
The Disputed Invoice Management (DIM) solution template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Microsoft Office 365 (E1-4) plans helps accounts payable departments track the status of invoices where payment is being withheld. Through the use of a tabed entry form, accounts payable personnel enter information regarding the disputed invoice, including reasons for the dispute and action items taken. The site tracks this information and also informs visitors to the site of the discounts at risk for missing early payment dates.
The site also includes more detailed metrics such as Accounts Payable Age Analysis, summarized reasons for invoice disputes and a listing of invoice information for invoices received from ‘key’ vendors. The site also includes useful Accounts Payable analysis techniques through a Microsoft Office Excel 2013 spreadsheet which can be completed by a member of the accounting team.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Disputed Invoice Management (DIM) application template.
- Data Entry: The Disputed Invoice Management application template site utilizes a list to collect necessary information about the disputed invoice. The reconciliation form includes required information such as Vendor Number, Invoice number and amount, invoice received date, and a summary of the action items required to clear the dispute. Optional information may also be entered, including invoice total and early payment terms such as 2% discount if paid within 10 days. (2 Ten, Net 30). The information stored in the document is used to perform calculations for metrics on the site when the form is saved.
- Metrics and Analysis of Disputed Invoices: The site includes several techniques to analyze the status of disputed invoices. The following methods are used within the Disputed Invoice Management site:
- Unresolved Invoice Disputes: The invoice summary lists the status of all disputed invoices on the site. Users can add invoices by completing a new Disputed Invoice Form, and can sort each of the columns by clicking on the column headers.
- Disputed Invoice Metrics: The Disputed Invoice Metrics page groups invoices by their ‘age’ in the system, listing the number and total dollar amount for each age group. The site also provides a listing of the invoices from key vendors that are currently being disputed. An accounts payable department might use this list to help prioritize their attention to keep key vendors satisfied. Also listed is a summary of discounts that will be lost in the upcoming days as well as an overview of the number of invoices being disputed for the three key reasons available in the document.
- Invoice Tracking Workbook Template: For those teams who wish to perform a more detailed analysis of the company’s disputed invoices, the site provides an Office Excel 2013 workbook template with useful techniques. Accounting managers can enter in information about the disputed invoices and use common Office Excel functionality to organize, analyze and graph information on dispute reasons and resolution.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Documents: Use this library to host documents and files used to analyze the Account Payable disputes, including the provide Office Excel 2013 workbook.
- Invoice Reconciliation Forms: Track the status of disputed invoices.
- Accounts Payable Contacts: Track team contact information on this site list.
The “Disputed Invoice Management (DIM)” Solution Template Net2xs_DIM.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description