Project Tracking Workspace (PTW)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-5)
The Project Tracking Workspace (PTW) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans (E1-5) helps manage a project and its related budgets, tasks, issues, milestones, risks, change requests, deliverables, and materials. This template allows users to enter initial information, including estimated start and end days, and budget information in both currency and days. Each team member can enter tasks, issues and milestones and associate those to a specific milestone, indicating the start and end dates, which is shown on a Gantt Chart, Calendar, or in list format.
Also included in the template are dashboards showing the overall status of the project, including indicators of whether the project is on budget and a listing of task and issue status. Other dashboards include user filtered tasks and issues, overdue items and a list of unassigned items.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Project Tracking Workspace (PTW) application template.
Create and Manage a projects Lists with start and end dates, budgets, owner and information regarding the health of the project.
Enable users to enter milestone related tasks and issues, choosing to either assign them to a team member, or leave them ‘unassigned’ in order to allow the project manager to assign a task.
Indicate Project Milestones and dates.
Show Project Specific data including Milestone Name, Related Tasks, Related Issues, Materials, and Related Deliverables.
Upload Documents that are relevant to the project, enabling version tracking and ‘checking out’ of the document for offline editing.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Tasks: Tasks and associated information for a specific milestone.
- Issues: Issues for a project, including associated information such as owner.
- Milestones: Milestones for a project, including date and completion status.
- Materials: General materials list to capture materials not associated with a particular task.
- Change Requests: List used to track and manage changes throught the project.
- Risks: A list to identify and track the risks associated with the project.
- Deliverables: Track and manage tangible or intangible objects produced as a result of the project.
Customized Forms, Workflows, and Web parts:
- Status Overview: Customized web part showing Project Name, Total Budget, Budget Balance, Budget Status, Budget in Days, Days Balance, Days Status, and the number of overduce Issues, Tasks, and Milestones with an indicator for status in each.
- Milestone forms: Customized Project display forms showing related Tasks, Issues, Deliverables, Risks, and Change Requests.
The “Project Tracking Workspace (PTW)” Solutions Template Net2xs_PTW.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description