IT Team Workspace (ITTW)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-5)
The IT Team Workspace (ITTW) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans is divided into four main categories, Helpdesk, Projects Management, Bug Tracking, and IT Asset Management.
Using the solution, end users initiate a request by visiting the Helpdesk site and completing a Help Ticket. Built in Knowledge Base and Support FAQ pages can simplify the process of researching solutions to help desk requests or allow users to research answers to their own questions. Users can then check back to see the status of any outstanding Service Requests and can also choose to escalate their Service Request to a higher priority, if required.
The Projects Management portion of the site helps manage lists of projects and their related budgets, tasks, issues and milestones. This template allows users to enter project information, including estimated start and end days, project health, project owner, percent complete and budget information in both currency and days. Each project team member can enter project tasks, issues and milestones and associate those to a specific project, indicating the start and end dates, which can be shown on a Gantt Chart, Calendar, or in list format.
The Bug Tracking portion of the site helps software development teams collect and track bugs in their code. The template allows bugs to be logged by both end users and members of the development team including collection of supporting data such as Reproduction Steps, Related Bugs, Categories and related screenshots, documents or other files. Team members can either assign a bug owner when logging a bug, or can leave the bug to be assigned at a later time. Unassigned bugs are viewable in a single list and are also listed on the template’s home screen.
The IT Asset Management portion of the site helps teams manage new IT asset proposals and track the status of existing IT assets. Using the built in workflows, an asset manager can approve or deny requests for new assets made by others within the organization. Once purchased, properties for the asset can be uploaded including purchase price and date, location, condition, manufacturer, model, current owner, and retirement date. In the period after acquisition, asset managers can return to the site and update the location, assignment, management, and other information for each asset, allowing a centralized location for a company to track IT asset information.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the IT Team Workspace (ITTW) application template.
- Self-Help Library: Provide end users self-service functionality through FAQ and searchable Knowledge Base of relevant articles. Keywords and related articles can also be added to knowledge base articles, enabling simplified searching of solutions.
- Enable end users to create service requests, assign a priority and check back for updated status. End users can create detailed descriptions of the issues that need to be resolved.
- Service Requests: Assignment of service requests to Help Desk personnel. IT Staff can take ownership of a service request, assign it a priority and save updates with the inline editor feature of Windows SharePoint Services.
- Helpdesk Performance Statistics: Service Representative Managers can view a dashboard of the service department’s performance, including overall service request performance, priority and average resolution time in days.
- Bug Reporting: Allow all authenticated users with access to the site to log a new bug, listing information such as what it takes to reproduce the bug, comments related bugs and severity levels.
- Bug Processing: User specific dashboards of bugs the user opened and bugs assigned along with requirements on when the bug fix is required.
- Bug Performance Statistics: Workspace Managers can view a dashboard of the Bug Processing department's performance, including overall bug processing performance, priority, severity, and more.
- Asset Proposals: Enable organizational users to propose the requisition of new assets in a centralized location. New asset proposals can include recommended manufacturer, description, purchase price, model number and comments on why the asset is required. The requestor can input an owner’s username, which allows that person to view the pending proposal on the main dashboard.
- Hardware and Software Statistics Dashboards: View software expenses by title for the current year and past year to compare budgets. View Hardware expenses by year and type to see how and where your IT dollars are being used.
- Create and Manage Projects: Lists with start and end dates, project budgets, project owner and information regarding the health of the project.
- Enable users to enter project related tasks and issues, choosing to either assign them to a team member, or leave them ‘unassigned’ in order to allow the project manager to assign a task.
- Show Project Specific data including Project Name, Related Tasks, Related Issues, Materials, and Related Milestones.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Knowledge Base: Use this document library to write and store Knowledge Base articles and Documents to be shared with the team.
- Experts: Use this contact list to track experts within and outside of the organization.
- Keywords: Use this list to manage keywords to tag items in the Knowledge Base.
- Service Requests: Use the Service Requests list to track detailed information and resolutions for service requests.
- Support FAQs: Use the Support FAQs list to track common issues and resolutions.
- Tasks: Use the tasks list to enable Knowledge Managers to track tasks that are required.
- Projects: A list of all projects that are being budgeted and managed within the site.
- Project Tasks: Tasks and associated information for a specific project.
- Project Issues: Issues for a project, including associated information such as owner.
- Project Milestones: Milestones for a project, including date and completion status.
- Project Materials: General materials list to capture materials not associated with a particular task.
- Bugs: Bugs listed within the template, including supporting information, owner and discussions.
- and more....
The “IT Team Workspace (ITTW)” Solutions Template Net2xs_ITTW.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description