Budgeting & Tracking Multiple Projects (BTMP)
Template for Microsoft Office 365 | SharePoint Online 2013 (E1-5)
The Budgeting and Tracking Multiple Projects (BTMP) application template for Microsoft SharePoint Online 2013 | Office 365 Enterprise Plans helps manage lists of projects and their related budgets, tasks, issues, milestones, and materials. This template allows users to enter project information, including estimated start and end days, project health, project owner, percent complete and budget information in both currency and days. Each project team member can enter project tasks, issues and milestones and associate those to a specific project, indicating the start and end dates, which is shown on a Gantt Chart or in list format.
Also included in the template are dashboards showing the overall status of all projects, including percent complete, indicators of whether the project is on budget and a listing of task and issue status. Other dashboards include user filtered tasks and issues, overdue items and a list of unassigned items.
Sample Activities Performed in this Template:
The following examples show the various ways Net2xs anticipates this template will be utilized in a typical organization. If you wish to add additional features, please ask your IT provider to research Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 or contact Sales.O365@net2xs.com and ask for a quote for customization of the Budgeting & Tracking Multiple Projects (BTMP) application template.
Create and Manage Projects Lists with start and end dates, project budgets, project owner and information regarding the health of the project.
Enable users to enter project related tasks and issues, choosing to either assign them to a team member, or leave them ‘unassigned’ in order to allow the project manager to assign a task.
Indicate Project Milestones and dates.
Change dates for tasks by dragging and dropping bars on a Gantt chart.
Show Project Specific data including Project Name, Related Tasks, Related Issues, Materials, and Related Milestones.
Create threaded discussions where team members can use a built in rich text editor to discuss the project and RSS functionality.
Upload Documents that are relevant to the project, enabling version tracking and ‘checking out’ of the document for offline editing.
Site Lists and Libraries:
The following lists and libraries are included in this template.
- Projects List: A list of all projects that are being budgeted and managed within the site.
- Tasks: Tasks and associated information for a specific project.
- Issues: Issues for a project, including associated information such as owner.
- Milestones: Milestones for a project, including date and completion status.
- Materials: General materials list to capture materials not associated with a particular task.
Customized Lists and Libraries:
- Discussion Boards: Use the discussion boards to host threaded conversations on projects, tasks or issues. These discussion boards can be set up by the site administrator.
- Document Library: Use document libraries to store files needed for a specific project.
Customized Forms, Workflows, and Web parts:
- Projects Dashboard: Customized web part showing Project Name, % Complete, Total Budget, Budget Balance, Budget Status, Budget in Days, Days Balance, Days Status, and the number of overduce Issues, Tasks, and Milestones with an indicator for status in each.
- Projects forms: Customized Project display forms showing related Tasks, Issues, Milestones, Documents, and Materials.
The “Budgeting and Tracking Multiple Projects (BTMP)” Solutions Template Net2xs_BTMP.WSP was designed specifically for compatibility with Microsoft SharePoint Online | Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plans. This Application Template is loosely based on the Microsoft “Fab40” Template of the same name to provide similar functionality in a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise environment. Some customization and workflows may be necessary for approvals and compatibility with your companies’ permissions/user groups. Most workflows and “Views” have already been configured generically.
About Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprise:
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description – Microsoft SharePoint Online is a Microsoft Office 365 service for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can now simply subscribe to SharePoint Online to provide their employees with an enterprise grade solution for creating sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
Microsoft SharePoint Online for Enterprises Service Description
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises Support Service Description